Robin Atkins is a licensed mental health counselor, specializing in reproductive issues. She also has a philosophy degree. She spent four years doing home-based therapy with the Department of Children’s Services. She’s a pro-life advocate and has very interesting thoughts on the topic of abortion.
This is the first of three episodes with Robin. In this episode, Robin discusses the differences between newborn adoption, foster care, and abortion.
Watch or listen to the bonus discussion Jacob Nels had with Robin Atkins about sidewalk counseling and adoption:
Previous ERI Podcast with Jacob Nels – “Why Sidewalk Counselors Should Not Recommend Adoption”:
You can learn more about the Turnaway Study here:
Pastors, You Can Reduce Abortions in Your Church:
One Thing Every Pastor Can Do to Prevent Abortions in Their Congregation:
Purchase “Alarmist Gatekeeping” by Dr. Deborah Garratt:
Contact Robin @TruthAgape on Twitter:
Equal Rights Institute Website:
Equal Rights Institute Blog:
Equipped for Life Course:
Sidewalk Counseling Masterclass:
- 00:00 Announcement about bonus discussion
- 01:59 Introducing Robin
- 04:33 The ERI podcast episode Robin disagreed with
- 06:54 Common ground about adoption
- 09:24 The purpose of foster care
- 09:55 Problems and potential solutions
- 16:13 Should all foster kids be reunited with their bio parents?
- 18:06 Foster care issues continued
- 18:42 Safe haven babies
- 23:55 The damage done to the foster community from pro-choice people
- 25:04 The Turnaway Study
- 29:50 Do all women instantly regret their abortion?
- 33:30 Clarifying how foster care works
- 38:35 Eugenics and adoption
- 42:05 Children’s rights and consent
- 49:46 Does abuse happen in foster care as often as people think?
- 54:13 Reforms that would improve the newborn adoption system
- 59:34 Why sidewalk counselors shouldn’t bring up adoption (at least most of the time)
- 1:02:38 How churches could respond to unwed pregnancy better
- 1:10:56 Contrasting adoption and foster care with abortion
Host: Josh Brahm
Guest: Robin Atkins
Audio/Video Editor: Chapter One Films & Josh Brahm
Publisher: Jen Westmoreland
Disclosure: The book above is an Amazon affiliate link. This means that, at zero cost to you, ERI will earn an affiliate commission if you click through the link and finalize a purchase.