Download Audio MP3 | 00:22:53
I recently sat in our new studio to give you an update on what’s been going on behind the scenes at Equal Rights Institute. There are a lot of visuals in this video, so it’s best watched instead of listened to on the podcast, but both are available.
- 01:14 – New studio;
- 03:55 – Tim’s resignation;
- 05:01 – New Director of Training and behind the scenes of the new Equipped for Life extension;
- 07:25 – Launch of the Sidewalk Counseling Masterclass;
- 11:29 – Encouraging testimonies from the Protect Life Michigan conference;
- 13:49 – Relaunching the Equipped for Life Podcast into a free, public feed;
- 18:42 – Our plans to make a bigger impact at the next March for Life.
Testimonials from the Sidewalk Counseling Masterclass:
“I would absolutely recommend this course to anyone wanting to get involved in sidewalk counseling. Before watching the course, sidewalk counseling seemed like an intimidating thing that should be left to others more knowledgeable and gifted. After watching this course, I feel very confident that I could get out there and do it.” – Jessica
“This course has real-life lessons from seasoned sidewalk counselors. I appreciated so much that they not only make suggestions of what to do, but also shared their own mistakes and what they have learned. It’s paced such that you don’t need any experience in sidewalk counseling to follow it. The training is incredibly practical—- seriously, this course will be some of the best money you ever spend!“ – Laura
“I found myself making exclamations out loud! I was totally drawn to the reasonings and stories. I felt I could finally put a finger on things that were wrong with my previous experience. I felt inspired to just go back out there (it’s been a year). I am sure that if the material was presented in a teaching format, I could not have processed everything in a personal way. When one video ended, I wanted to just see what was next on the next video.” – Debra
- Click here to learn more about the Equipped for Life Course
- Click here to learn more about the Sidewalk Counseling Masterclass
- Click here to donate to Equal Rights Institute
Pastor Dan Burrell from Life Fellowship Church invited ERI President Josh Brahm to be interviewed for a four-episode series on pro-life dialogue for their podcast, LifeTalks. This is the fourth episode in that series, where Dan plays a hostile pro-choice advocate in a mock debate with Josh!
Questions: (mock debate)
- 1:51: Who are you to say what a woman has a right to do with her own body?
- 2:56: But isn’t it ‘her body, her choice’?
- 3:22: Even if the fetus may be a person, it is not viable, or won’t be for some time.
- 4:19: What if the baby is born with severe mental or physical defects?
- 5:30: Isn’t it wrong for you to insist that a woman deliver a baby that she cannot take care of?
- 6:43: Is it compassionate to force a woman who has been violently raped to be reminded of the assault every day for at least 9 months?
- 8:40: Aren’t most of your arguments based on religion?
- 9:45: Would you force a woman whose life is at risk with this pregnancy to continue?
- 10:59: Isn’t the pro-life position a slippery slope that could end with a negative view of even birth control?
- 12:30: Aren’t you a conservative? Wouldn’t this be government overreach to ban abortion?
- 13:43: Doesn’t pro-life legislation infringe on the right to privacy?
- 14:29: Aren’t your arguments patriarchal and sexist?
- 15:52: Isn’t comparing abortion to genocide an overreach?
Pastor Dan Burrell from Life Fellowship Church invited ERI President Josh Brahm to be interviewed for a four-episode series on pro-life dialogue for their podcast, LifeTalks. This is the third episode in that series. They discuss Josh’s journey to create ERI and what his team has learned along the way.
- 1:35: How did you get involved in this?
- 7:05: What are some of the things your team has been learning about persuading people?
- 17:42: How do you get the opportunity to go on college campuses and have discussions about abortion?
- 19:12: Are you comfortable doing debates?
- 20:31: Why relational apologetics?
Pastor Dan Burrell from Life Fellowship Church invited ERI President Josh Brahm to be interviewed for a four-episode series on pro-life dialogue for their podcast, LifeTalks. This is the second episode in that series. They address when to talk about abortion in this day and age, our responsibilities as pro-life voters, and how to manage support for organizations that back Planned Parenthood.
- 2:26: Why should we avoid discussing abortion on social media? Or should we?
- 7:53: Is it a bad idea to even respond when you see one of your friends on Facebook that may put something up that is against our beliefs? (Is it our responsibility?)
- 11:21: Is it better to have no restrictions on abortion rather than legislation with some restrictions but many exceptions?
- 15:10 Is it right to use a candidate’s position on abortion as a litmus test as to whether or not you would support them politically?
- 16:37: Should you talk about abortion in church?
- 20:02: Is it right to give money to organizations that, while they do some good, support abortion providers like Planned Parenthood?
Download Audio MP3 | 00:24:37
Rachel Crawford and I discuss the abortion episode in the third season of “13 Reasons Why,” how it misrepresents the pro-life movement, and what pro-life people ought to say when they hear people bring it up.