My speech from the 2015 Students for Life of America conference in D.C. has been posted! These are six practical tips for having good dialogues with pro-choice people.
Six practical tips for having good dialogues:
- Silence your inner monologue.
- Rephrase what they said.
- Find genuine common ground when possible.
- Acknowledge the horror of rape.
- Be intentional with your body language.
- Be willing to jump to another topic.
- I referenced Steve Wagner’s book, “Common Ground Without Compromise.” You can get it for free at CommonGroundBook.com.
- I referenced what I call “Fetus Tunnel Vision.” Read more about that concept and why it hurts pro-life dialogues at this post: 4 Reasons Pro-Lifers Need to Stop Doing This. Read the two follow-up posts here and here.
- I wrote a post that goes into more detail on body language here: Why You Shouldn’t Face the Person You’re Talking To.
- If you want to keep up with what we’re learning about how to have good dialogues with pro-choice people, subscribe to this blog and/or our monthly newsletter here.