Pastor Dan Burrell from Life Fellowship Church invited ERI President Josh Brahm to be interviewed for a four-episode series on pro-life dialogue for their podcast, LifeTalks. This is the fourth episode in that series, where Dan plays a hostile pro-choice advocate in a mock debate with Josh!
Questions: (mock debate)
- 1:51: Who are you to say what a woman has a right to do with her own body?
- 2:56: But isn’t it ‘her body, her choice’?
- 3:22: Even if the fetus may be a person, it is not viable, or won’t be for some time.
- 4:19: What if the baby is born with severe mental or physical defects?
- 5:30: Isn’t it wrong for you to insist that a woman deliver a baby that she cannot take care of?
- 6:43: Is it compassionate to force a woman who has been violently raped to be reminded of the assault every day for at least 9 months?
- 8:40: Aren’t most of your arguments based on religion?
- 9:45: Would you force a woman whose life is at risk with this pregnancy to continue?
- 10:59: Isn’t the pro-life position a slippery slope that could end with a negative view of even birth control?
- 12:30: Aren’t you a conservative? Wouldn’t this be government overreach to ban abortion?
- 13:43: Doesn’t pro-life legislation infringe on the right to privacy?
- 14:29: Aren’t your arguments patriarchal and sexist?
- 15:52: Isn’t comparing abortion to genocide an overreach?
- ERI Bodily Rights Materials
- ERI Blog: Responding to the Question of Rape with Wisdom and Compassion
- ERI Video: Why I Hate Responding to the Question of Rape
- ERI Blog: 6 Resources on Whether or Not Birth Control Pills Cause Abortions