Bodily rights arguments are a very important (and complex) part of the abortion debate. The level of confusion among many pro-life advocates about bodily rights arguments is a disaster for the pro-life movement, as you are unlikely to change very many pro-choice minds unless you are able to persuasively respond to these arguments.
We have an entire module of the Equipped for Life Course devoted to this issue. Below is a list of our other resources on the subject. You can always share this information with people by simply directing them to EqualRightsInstitute.com/BodilyRights.
Understanding Bodily Rights Arguments
- Fellow Pro-Lifers: Please Stop Sharing This Straw Man Meme
- Are Pro-Choice Advocates Good at Describing Their Own Position?
- Matt Walsh and Bodily Autonomy Arguments
Responding to Bodily Rights Arguments
- Autumn in the Sovereign Zone: Why “It’s My Body, I Can Do What I Want” Won’t Do
- Bodily Rights Arguments Necessitate Extremism
- Understanding and Responding to Bodily Rights Arguments – The De Facto Guardian Paper
- Two Bad Pro-Life Responses to Bodily Rights Arguments
Bodily Rights Rhetoric
- Stop Using “Trust Women” as an Abortion Trump Card
- Pro-Lifers Aren’t “Forcing” Women to Stay Pregnant