Download Audio MP3 | 00:12:59
This piece is an outreach dialogue story. Despite my not being excited to write it, it went viral on lifenews.com. We suspect this had to do with the title, which could give the impression that this is one of those “The brilliant pro-life person destroys the stupid pro-choice person” posts.
That’s not an attitude that we want to nourish. We think it’s more intellectually healthy to get outside of your echo chamber and think about the smartest arguments that are coming from the other side. But some people like those kinds of pieces because they feel good. Though I didn’t intend to write a bait-and-switch piece, I think I sort of did, and I’m glad it got some people who otherwise wouldn’t read our blog to learn a little about what we do when we’re trying to create a good dialogue.
- Click here to learn about Right to Life of Central CA
- Click here to learn about Justice for All
- Click here to read Dr. Rich Poupard’s thought experiment
- Timothy Brahm: Autumn in the Sovereign Zone: Why “It’s My Body, I Can Do What I Want” Won’t Do
- Click here for a definition of an ad hominem fallacy
- Click here to learn about Secular Pro-Life
- Josh Brahm: 6 Tips for Arguing with Analogies Clearly
- Click here for a definition of a straw man
- Timothy Brahm: Don’t Be Too Nice
Click here to share the original article.
Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes!
Subscribe to the Equipped for Life Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Subscribe to ERI’s other podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Please note: The goal of the comments section on this blog is simply and unambiguously to promote productive dialogue. We reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, disrespectful, flagrantly uncharitable, offensive, or off-topic. If in doubt, read our Comments Policy.