Pastor Dan Burrell from Life Fellowship Church invited ERI President Josh Brahm to be interviewed for a four-episode series on pro-life dialogue for their podcast, LifeTalks. This is the first episode in that series, where they discuss ERI’s dialogue style and how it contrasts with the way many pro-life advocates talk about abortion.
- 2:20: What made you decide to try a different approach to this issue than many had before?
- 7:03: What arguments and dialogue techniques do not work? What is it that we often do that doesn’t change minds?
- 10:06: What works more frequently than some of the other things?
- 14:45: How do you get into these conversations?
- 16:50: I hear a lot of questions in your approach. People often start with declarative statements. Why do questions work better?
- 18:41: People on both sides of this issue tend to talk about extreme cases like rape or sex-selection abortions. How do we keep the conversation focused on core principles?
Please note: The goal of the comments section on this blog is simply and unambiguously to promote productive dialogue. We reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, disrespectful, flagrantly uncharitable, offensive, or off-topic. If in doubt, read our Comments Policy.