Pastor Dan Burrell from Life Fellowship Church invited ERI President Josh Brahm to be interviewed for a four-episode series on pro-life dialogue for their podcast, LifeTalks. This is the first episode in that series, where they discuss ERI’s dialogue style and how it contrasts with the way many pro-life advocates talk about abortion.
- 2:20: What made you decide to try a different approach to this issue than many had before?
- 7:03: What arguments and dialogue techniques do not work? What is it that we often do that doesn’t change minds?
- 10:06: What works more frequently than some of the other things?
- 14:45: How do you get into these conversations?
- 16:50: I hear a lot of questions in your approach. People often start with declarative statements. Why do questions work better?
- 18:41: People on both sides of this issue tend to talk about extreme cases like rape or sex-selection abortions. How do we keep the conversation focused on core principles?