Download MP3 | 1:02:23
This is the first of a three-part series of conversations with Josh and Gary Freeman, a former guest on our podcast. In this episode they discuss Gary’s new ministry, on relationships being key to white and black people understanding each other better and successfully crossing the racial divide, as well as the need to serve people well in spite of cultural differences.
Learn more about Major League Dad here:
- 00:00 Introducing Gary and his new ministry
- 05:23 Why Gary is choosing to focus his ministry on local needs, instead of national work
- 10:20 Setting the stage for this episode
- 13:28 Where Gary is politically
- 17:45 Where Josh is politically
- 21:16 Why does there have to be a “black church”?
- 33:33 On white and black people understanding each other more through relationship
- 48:25 On the need to serve people well in spite of cultural differences
Please note: The goal of the comments section on this blog is simply and unambiguously to promote productive dialogue. We reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, disrespectful, flagrantly uncharitable, offensive, or off-topic. If in doubt, read our Comments Policy.