The question of rape will come up in virtually every conversation about abortion. Unfortunately pro-life advocates often make mistakes when answering, and we want to help you express the genuine compassion you already have for survivors of rape, as well as share a sound bite that we’ve found to be persuasive in our dialogues with pro-choice people.
We have an entire module of the Equipped for Life Course devoted to this issue. Below is a list of our other resources on the subject. You can always share this information with people by simply directing them to EqualRightsInstitute.com/Rape.
ERI resources on responding to abortion in the case of rape:
- Responding to the Question of Rape with Wisdom and Compassion
- Quick Response #12: We Need Broad Abortion Access for Rape Cases:
- Video: https://youtu.be/5L-f-YOCrd0
- Article: https://bit.ly/3GbAMqm
- Why I Hate Responding to the Question of Rape
- Ben Shapiro’s Response to Abortion in the Case of Rape
- Podcast: Why Do They Always Ask About Rape?