Download Audio MP3 | 01:08:49
Josh and Rachel interview Elijah Thompson from Dank Pro-Life Memes to compare and contrast his messaging with ERI’s. Topics include the potential value of snark, whether it’s possible to make memes that aren’t strawmen, whether Dank Pro-Life Memes feeds people’s vice, and Elijah even responds to a question from a pro-choice follower who is critical of Dank Pro-Life Meme’s work.
- 00:00: Introducing Elijah Thomson.
- 2:52: The history and goals of Dank Pro-Life Memes.
- 7:06: How mocking and snark affects DPLM’s goals
- 18:38: Can a meme be made that isn’t a strawman argument?
- 25:49: The time and place for snark.
- 33:01: Elijah responds to a critic of Dank Pro-Life Memes.
- 43:19: Are you feeding people’s vice by mocking stupid arguments?
- 59:07: Renee asks “Why don’t you call out bad pro-lifers more?”
- 1:06:01: On that burning IVF lab…
We reference bodily rights arguments and “the Violinist” in this episode, but we didn’t explain what we meant by that. Learn more about this category of pro-choice arguments here: https://EqualRightsInstitute.com/BodilyRights
- Dank Pro-Life Meme’s Facebook Page
- The Fetal Position Podcast
- John Oliver’s Lies about Abby Johnson and Crisis Pregnancy Centers
- “Abortion is Healthcare”: A Misogynistic Non-Argument
- Video: “How do you respond to infighting over strategy and other things within the pro-life movement?”
- Four Practical Tips for Responding to the Burning Fertility Clinic
- Fetal Position Episode 42: The Burning IVF Lab Analogy