Download MP3 – 1:19:17
It’s the question we’re asked more often than any other, and we want to answer it carefully. The question is, “What should I do about the pro-life activist near me who is being difficult? Should I approach them differently than I do my dialogues with pro-choice people?”
Josh and Emily invited ERI Lead Editor Andrew Kaake and Secular Pro-Life’s Executive Director Monica Snyder on the show for a two-part discussion on the way they think about responding to online comments, eight common types of difficult pro-life people, and how you can respond to them.
Note: Sorry for the occasional distortion with Josh and Emily’s mics. They’ve had a good six-year run, but we’re replacing them before the next time we record (the mics, not Josh and Emily). We also had technical issues with Monica and Andrew’s video streams due to technical issues. All of their audio is here, but the video is missing.
AHA: The Anti-Abortionists Who Fight Other Pro-Lifers (with Jonathon Van Maren – Part 1)
AHA Fails to Understand Pro-Life History (with Jonathon Van Maren – Part 2)
Abolitionists Are Going to Get People Killed, and the SBC Just Helped Them
Fellow Pro-Lifers: Please Stop Sharing This Straw Man Meme
ERI Bodily Rights Materials Landing Page
Speech: Monica Snyder on Deconstructing Three Pro-Choice Myths
Speech: Monica Snyder speaks at the Dobbs #EmpowerWomenPromoteLife rally
SPL post asking why people became pro-life
Should Pro-Lifers be Snarky? (with Dank Pro-Life Memes)
- 00:00: Introduction
- 01:24: Type 5: The Ones Who Are Hurting the Movement
- 11:17: Type 6: The Ones Who Don’t Understand the Argument…
- 25:53: Type 7: …Or the People Making the Argument…
- 33:36: Type 8: …Or the People Getting the Abortions
- 47:27: How can pro-life advocates encourage members in these categories to think or act differently?
- 1:09:19: Are we being hypocritical for pointing out difficult types of pro-lifers?