Download MP3 – 1:03:51
It’s the question we’re asked more often than any other, and we want to answer it carefully. The question is, “What should I do about the pro-life activist near me who is being difficult? Should I approach them differently than I do my dialogues with pro-choice people?”
Josh and Emily invited ERI Lead Editor Andrew Kaake and Secular Pro-Life’s Executive Director Monica Snyder on the show for a two-part discussion on the way they think about responding to online comments, eight common types of difficult pro-life people, and how you can respond to them.
Note: Sorry for the occasional distortion with Josh and Emily’s mics. They’ve had a good six-year run, but we’re replacing them before the next time we record (the mics, not Josh and Emily).
We also had technical issues with Monica’s video stream due to technical issues. All of her audio is there, but the video is missing sometimes.
Monica Snyder for Secular Pro-Life: “Nine months of inconvenience.”
First episode of our two-part podcast with Jonathon Van Maren on AHA:
- 00:00 Introducing the guests and topic
- 02:49 Opening comments
- 09:28 ERI/SPL’s policies on responding to comments
- 18:58 8 Types of Difficult Pro-Life People…
- 19:39 Type 1: The Ones With Only One (Unpersuasive) Argument…
- 26:08 Type 2: The Ones Who Need to Stop Saying This, Now!
- 38:20 Type 3: The Ones Who Are Very Out of Touch with Reality
- 47:20 Type 4: The Ones Who Really Frustrate Monica
Please note: The goal of the comments section on this blog is simply and unambiguously to promote productive dialogue. We reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, disrespectful, flagrantly uncharitable, offensive, or off-topic. If in doubt, read our Comments Policy.