Download Audio MP3 | 00:34:59
I spoke at Stonebridge Church in Charlotte last month after they finished going through the Equipped for Life Course, to offer some practical tips on relational apologetics and take their questions. This is the audio from the Q&A portion of that event.
I’ll list the topics below in case you want to jump around:
- 4:50: “One of the things this course doesn’t cover is the origins of Planned Parenthood and Margaret Sanger. Is that done purposefully, that you don’t alert pro-choice advocates about the underpinning theological basis of their position?”
- 8:44: “There also aren’t a lot of biblical references in your course. Again, purposeful?”
- 15:37: “You talked a lot today about meeting with Mormons. Is your intentionality there to talk about the truth of Christianity instead of having pro-life conversations?”
- 19:37: “How many pro-choice people have seen the [Center for Medical Progress] videos, or know what abortion is?”
- 21:53: “A friend of mine and I were talking about contraception and Plan B and some of those things, and they agreed that the Bible prohibits the shedding of innocent blood, but their standpoint was that human life doesn’t begin until implantation when the blood actually flows. So that was their defense of contraceptives. How do you respond to that?”
- 25:58: “That ‘reacting to stimuli’ thing, how do you prove that or explain that?”
- 27:56: “I almost hate to ask this question because I’ve got enough excuses not to do anything. Sometimes I feel like a class like this is like when you go to the county fair and a guy selling pennywhistles can play the Hallelujah chorus, and then you bring it home and can’t play it at all. What is your sense of, do you just turn us loose on the masses and then risk us making pro-life people look dumb. What is your sense of that?”
- Click here to listen to my Planned Parenthood Unveiled speech and Q&A sessions.
- Click here to read the LDS webpage on abortion.
- Click here to buy Embryo: A Defense of Human Life by Robert George and Christopher Tollefsen.
- Click here to read Dr. Maureen Condic’s whitepaper, When Does Human Life Begin: A Scientific Perspective
- Click here to learn more about the Equipped for Life Course.
Click here to subscribe to the podcast in iTunes!