Download Audio MP3 | 00:53:06
Josh and Rachel look at a research article published by the Association for Psychological Science (APS) in 2019, Perspective Taking and Self-Persuasion: Why “Putting Yourself in Their Shoes” Reduces Openness to Attitude Change, and discuss how it should influence the way we make pro-life arguments.
- 4:00 Summarizing the research
- 15:16 How ERI develops new apologetics arguments.
- 28:33 Personality research from Jordan Peterson points to reasons behind political disagreement.
- 37:45 Does perspective-taking help with empathy but not creating arguments?
- 42:46 Shared values help to move persuasion forward.
- Stanford Business article about the study:
- “Perspective Taking and Self-Persuasion: Why “Putting Yourself in Their Shoes” Reduces Openness to Attitude Change”: