Download MP3 | 55:05
Download a PDF transcript of this podcast here
Robin Atkins is back to discuss mental health, informed consent, abortion risks, the level of counseling in abortion facilities, and more.
Robin is a licensed mental health counselor, specializing in reproductive issues. She also has a philosophy degree. She spent four years doing home-based therapy with the Department of Children’s Services. She’s a pro-life advocate with an atypical perspective on some of the issues surrounding abortion.
Refuting “Abortion as Self-Defense” (video):
Refuting “Abortion as Self-Defense” (article):
Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present:
American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists or AAPLOG (for abortion risks):
You can learn more about the Turnaway Study here:
Listen to our first episode with Robin Atkins to hear her thoughts on the Turnaway Study:
Watch Josh Brahm’s faulty pro-life arguments speech:
Contact Robin @TruthAgape on Twitter:
Equal Rights Institute Website:
Equal Rights Institute Blog:
Equipped for Life Course:
Sidewalk Counseling Masterclass:
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:13 Why tokophobia cases are increasing
- 3:52 How can people learn to advocate for themselves better with their doctors?
- 5:13 How informed consent relates to the abortion debate
- 9:17 Is it wrong for pro-life ultrasound laws to require internal ultrasound procedures?
- 11:43 Is it anti-free-speech to require doctors to say things required by a pro-life informed consent law?
- 16:19 How satisfied are you with the informed consent bills that pro-lifers pass?
- 19:43 How would you respond to the clinic worker who says they’re just there to provide the service their client wants?
- 22:18 Should there be screenings before an abortion?
- 23:49 Assessing the level of counseling and/or care given to women in abortion facilities
- 27:55 Where should people go for the most accurate explanation of abortion risks?
- 29:21 What would it take for a clinic worker to become qualified to give anything called “counseling” to the client?
- 31:05 What are the accurate risk factors for abortion?
- 37:47 Is the abortion causing these symptoms or are women who were already more likely to experience these post-abortion symptoms having abortions?
- 41:17 On minors having abortions
- 47:04 On pro-choice women using women who are suffering as a shield, and how pro-lifers should respond to her
- 50:18 On abortion in the case of rape
Please note: The goal of the comments section on this blog is simply and unambiguously to promote productive dialogue. We reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, disrespectful, flagrantly uncharitable, offensive, or off-topic. If in doubt, read our Comments Policy.