Download MP3 | 55:05
Download a PDF transcript of this podcast here
Robin Atkins is back to discuss mental health, informed consent, abortion risks, the level of counseling in abortion facilities, and more.
Robin is a licensed mental health counselor, specializing in reproductive issues. She also has a philosophy degree. She spent four years doing home-based therapy with the Department of Children’s Services. She’s a pro-life advocate with an atypical perspective on some of the issues surrounding abortion.
Refuting “Abortion as Self-Defense” (video):
Refuting “Abortion as Self-Defense” (article):
Medical Apartheid: The Dark History of Medical Experimentation on Black Americans from Colonial Times to the Present:
American Association of Pro-Life Obstetricians and Gynecologists or AAPLOG (for abortion risks):
You can learn more about the Turnaway Study here:
Listen to our first episode with Robin Atkins to hear her thoughts on the Turnaway Study:
Watch Josh Brahm’s faulty pro-life arguments speech:
Contact Robin @TruthAgape on Twitter:
Equal Rights Institute Website:
Equal Rights Institute Blog:
Equipped for Life Course:
Sidewalk Counseling Masterclass:
- 0:00 Introduction
- 1:13 Why tokophobia cases are increasing
- 3:52 How can people learn to advocate for themselves better with their doctors?
- 5:13 How informed consent relates to the abortion debate
- 9:17 Is it wrong for pro-life ultrasound laws to require internal ultrasound procedures?
- 11:43 Is it anti-free-speech to require doctors to say things required by a pro-life informed consent law?
- 16:19 How satisfied are you with the informed consent bills that pro-lifers pass?
- 19:43 How would you respond to the clinic worker who says they’re just there to provide the service their client wants?
- 22:18 Should there be screenings before an abortion?
- 23:49 Assessing the level of counseling and/or care given to women in abortion facilities
- 27:55 Where should people go for the most accurate explanation of abortion risks?
- 29:21 What would it take for a clinic worker to become qualified to give anything called “counseling” to the client?
- 31:05 What are the accurate risk factors for abortion?
- 37:47 Is the abortion causing these symptoms or are women who were already more likely to experience these post-abortion symptoms having abortions?
- 41:17 On minors having abortions
- 47:04 On pro-choice women using women who are suffering as a shield, and how pro-lifers should respond to her
- 50:18 On abortion in the case of rape