Download Audio MP3 | 00:44:19
Content warning: This conversation necessarily includes some thought experiments that relate to sexual abuse, as well as the real-world example of Jeffrey Epstein. As usual, the discussion isn’t graphic, but we want our listeners who are survivors of sexual assault to know that and make an informed decision of whether they want to listen to this episode or not.
It’s Rachel’s last episode! She and Josh discuss how pro-choice people are often inclined to believe that adult women should be prioritized over fetal humans because adults have thoughts, dreams, and relationships. They offer some talking points for pro-lifers including some thought experiments that might help the conversation become more productive. Josh also tells a story about a related dialogue he had with a philosophy professor about prison reform, and how pro-life advocates tend to be primarily motivated by different things, especially when they first become passionate about this issue.
- Josh references several thought experiments from Dr. Francis Beckwith’s great book, “Defending Life: A Moral and Legal Case Against Abortion Choice.” Use this link to purchase the book from Amazon and ERI will receive a small percentage of your purchase, at no cost to you: https://amzn.to/3hZQz09
- Netflix: “Jeffrey Epstein: Filthy Rich”: https://www.netflix.com/title/8022490…
- Secular Pro-Life: The unlikely story of the pro-life author of “Reconsidering Fetal Pain”: https://bit.ly/2Dvimqz
- Evaluating Don Marquis’ Future of Value Argument: http://bit.ly/2NJsrSO
- There are links to Rachel’s best work here: https://bit.ly/39kf4lw
- Subscribe to the Equipped for Life Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Subscribe to ERI’s other podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.