Download Audio MP3 | 01:07:43
Rachel Crawford joins Josh and Tim to talk about what she’s been learning about how feminists think in her Gender Studies classes and practical tips for pro-lifers who dialogue with angry, female feminists.
- Behind the scenes of Rachel in gender studies classes and befriending the leader of the pro-choice club.
- Understanding feminists better and the way they use certain terms, including “intersectionality,” “woke,” and “mansplaining.”
- How to respond to accusations of “mansplaining” and “tone policing.”
- How to counteract confirmation bias on these issues.
- Timothy Brahm: More information about the UC Davis outreach we referenced in this episode – https://blog.equalrightsinstitute.com/conservatives-respond-disturbing-trend-campus-censorship/
Links from Rachel on Understanding Feminists:
- Everyday Feminism: Why We Need Gender Neutral Language for Abortion Access – https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/09/non-binary-abortion-access/
- Everyday Feminism: A Guide to Gender and Identity – https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/08/transgender-101/
- Everyday Feminism: 6 Ways to Confront a Bigot – https://everydayfeminism.com/2017/02/how-to-confront-a-bigot/
- Laci Green:Why I’m a Feminist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJRFClybmk&feature=youtu.be
- Buzzfeed: Women Review Sexist Vintage Advertising – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGIljqjsdE&feature=youtu.be
Subscribe to the Equipped for Life Podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify. Subscribe to ERI’s other podcast on Apple Podcasts or Spotify.
Please note: The goal of the comments section on this blog is simply and unambiguously to promote productive dialogue. We reserve the right to delete comments that are snarky, disrespectful, flagrantly uncharitable, offensive, or off-topic. If in doubt, read our Comments Policy.