Download Audio MP3 | 01:07:43
Rachel Crawford joins Josh and Tim to talk about what she’s been learning about how feminists think in her Gender Studies classes and practical tips for pro-lifers who dialogue with angry, female feminists.
- Behind the scenes of Rachel in gender studies classes and befriending the leader of the pro-choice club.
- Understanding feminists better and the way they use certain terms, including “intersectionality,” “woke,” and “mansplaining.”
- How to respond to accusations of “mansplaining” and “tone policing.”
- How to counteract confirmation bias on these issues.
- Timothy Brahm: More information about the UC Davis outreach we referenced in this episode – https://blog.equalrightsinstitute.com/conservatives-respond-disturbing-trend-campus-censorship/
Links from Rachel on Understanding Feminists:
- Everyday Feminism: Why We Need Gender Neutral Language for Abortion Access – https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/09/non-binary-abortion-access/
- Everyday Feminism: A Guide to Gender and Identity – https://everydayfeminism.com/2016/08/transgender-101/
- Everyday Feminism: 6 Ways to Confront a Bigot – https://everydayfeminism.com/2017/02/how-to-confront-a-bigot/
- Laci Green:Why I’m a Feminist – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UwJRFClybmk&feature=youtu.be
- Buzzfeed: Women Review Sexist Vintage Advertising – https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=aPGIljqjsdE&feature=youtu.be