Every other Tuesday we publish a new episode of the Equipped for Life Podcast, available to everyone who purchases our course, “Equipped for Life: A Fresh Approach to Conversations about Abortion.” Generally these podcast episodes won’t be available to the general public, but we plan on occasionally making exceptions, and we’ve decided to make our 11th episode the first one we make available to everybody.
This is the first part in a two-part series on practical sidewalk counseling tips, from the person who has impressed me most with the way he thinks about decision making in front of abortion facilities, our Operations Coordinator Jacob Nels.
- Understanding the mindset of a lot of the people who show up at abortion facilities;
- Learning important facts about the abortion facility, like when they do abortions;
- The primary things Jacob says while sidewalk counseling;
- The very careful way Jacob invites people to view a graphic abortion image;
- Two reasons why Jacob offers to buy meals for the people he talks to;
- What Jacob says when his main “pitch” falls on deaf ears, that he would never say at the beginning of the conversation.
Download Audio MP3 | 00:43:04
- Jacob Nels: Why We Need Male Sidewalk Counselors
- Timothy Brahm: Abortion Images: A Case for Disagreement without Division
- Timothy Brahm: Learning to Allow Space for the Thinking Pause
- If you’re interested in using ERI’s outreach brochure for your own sidewalk counseling and/or other outreaches, email Josh directly about that.
Deleted Scene: The Rest of the “Lost” Debate
We like to start our episodes by enjoying each others company, partially for the entertainment value, and partially because it actually helps us to perform better during the rest of the podcast. Occasionally these times go for too long to keep in the actual episode, so we’ll pull some of it for a “deleted scene.” This is the deleted scene from this episode:
Download Audio MP3 | 00:21:05
To hear part two as well as all of the other podcasts, plus 29-HD video lessons, group activities, and a members-only forum, buy the Equipped for Life Course and support our work!
As of 5/25/17, here is a list of the rest of the Equipped for Life Podcast episodes:
- When They Bite the Bullet – Part 1
- When They Bite the Bullet – Part 2
- When They Bite the Bullet – Part 3
- Taking the Training Wheels Off: Responding to the Question of Rape 201
- On Shifting the Burden of Proof
- The Problems with Results-Based Reasoning
- Abortion Pill Reversal
- Post-Election: Our Reaction
- Listener Mail: Debates vs. Dialogues; Arguments with Question Marks; Dealing with Equivocation
- Listener Mail: Is the #ShoutYourAbortion Campaign an Effective Strategy for Abortion Advocates?
- Sidewalk Counseling Tips – Part 1: The Primary Things Jacob Says While Sidewalk Counseling
- Sidewalk Counseling Tips – Part 2: Graphic Images, Opening Lines, Resources, and Dealing with Mistakes
- Listener Mail: Follow-Up Questions About the Results-Oriented Episode
- Listener Mail: Questions About Confirmation Bias
- To What Extent Should the Pro-Life Movement Focus on Abortion?
- How Should We Respond to Angry Feminists?
- Example Dialogues: Pro-Life Tim and Pro-Choice Rachel
- Should Women be Punished if Abortion Becomes Illegal?
- Humor in Dialogue
- Example Dialogues: Pro-Life Josh and Pro-Choice Tim
Please tweet this podcast episode!
- Tweet: FREE PODCAST: The Primary Things Jacob Says While Sidewalk Counseling.
- Tweet: Understanding the mindset of a lot of the people who show up at abortion facilities.
- Tweet: Two reasons why Jacob offers to buy meals for people in front of abortion facilities.
The post “FREE PODCAST: The Primary Things Jacob Says While Sidewalk Counseling” originally appeared at the Equal Rights Institute blog. Subscribe to our email list with the form below and get a FREE gift. Click here to learn more about our pro-life apologetics course, “Equipped for Life: A Fresh Approach to Conversations About Abortion.”