Download MP3 – 2:44:29
The days after Roe v. Wade’s overturning have been riddled with confusion, panic, anger, protests, and misinformation. There has never been a more important time for pro-life advocates to provide clarity, explain what overturning Roe v. Wade really means, and describe how we want to see our society move forward. Josh, Emily, and Andrew went live on YouTube and Facebook to help you think clearly and respond effectively to the most contentious issue of the moment.
After summarizing what the Dobbs decision did, the staff pull the curtain back on what their experience was like on the day that Dobbs came out, and their emotional reactions to the situation since.
Then they discuss the question of whether pro-lifers should be even trying to get into dialogues right now, given the heated emotions right now.
Finally they respond to these common pro-choice arguments right now:
- Back-alley abortions
- Pro-lifers don’t care about babies after they’re born
- Handmaid’s Tale
- “This is a step back 50 years for women’s rights”
- “People will still get abortions anyway!”
- “You’re going to force women to die from tubal pregnancies. Are doctors really not allowed to do live-saving procedures?”
- The maternal mortality rate in Mississippi
- “Justice Thomas’ concurrence proves that they’re coming after same-sex marriage and birth control next!”
- “You can’t force people to donate organs. Women have less bodily autonomy than corpses now.”
- “You want to throw women into jail.”
- “Women will be prosecuted for miscarriages.”
Finally the staff discuss the three steps for the pro-life movement now before taking questions from the audience.