Download MP3 | 1:16:26
Josh Brahm interviews Ali Rak, an incredibly effective community organizer and activist in Maryland, to explain the nuts and bolts of how she gets people involved in contacting their political representatives in order to accomplish pro-life goals.
- 00:00 Introducing Ali and the topic;
- 13:14 Why apologetics training is important for lobbyists;
- 15:20 What Ali does as a lobbyist and community organizer;
- 38:44 Do email templates for people to send to their representatives work?
- 47:00 Tips for in-person meetings with legislators;
- 55:04 Is it possible for pro-life lobbyists to come across as too emotional when making their case?
- 59:23 Do you send email alerts with only one call-to-action or multiple?
- 1:04:08 What are the most common mistakes that lobbyists and community organizers make?
- 1:06:47 How do you keep people motivated?
- 1:10:48 How local pro-life people can work well together.
13 Extra Tips on Lobbying:
Here’s the link to the full audio from the David Bereit/Josh Brahm event we referenced:
One Easy Step to Avoiding Confirmation Bias: Interview with Tangle Founder Isaac Saul: